The District provides a number of programs as adopted in the Service Plan. For more information on any of the programs listed below please contact the Director of Services, Brian Burks at 281 564-5252 or email.
Our Proactive Enforcement Initiative is a total enforcement effort focusing on multifamily communities and business centers. Deputies work as a team, enforcing criminal and traffic laws in an effort to detect and deter criminal activity. It has been proven that enforcement of the simplest of infractions can often result in the discovery of much more serious crimes.
Our Private Security Initiative is designed to provide regular patrols of area business centers & develop positive contacts with business owners that will facilitate open communication of their needs and concerns. Patrols are conducted 7 days a week.
The Board of Directors and Staff of the International District want constituents to know they are working in close cooperation with area partners to promote a safer community. We would like to acknowledge our community partners who are so helpful with our Public Safety efforts: The Houston Police Department; S.E.A.L. Security Solutions; Alief ISD Police Department; Harris County Sheriff’s Office; Greater Sharpstown Management District; Brays Oaks Management District; and the Westchase Management District.
- Partners with local law enforcement agencies to focus attention on the safety needs of the area.
- Provides private security patrols 80 hours per week in all commercial corridors.
- Builds positive relationships between property owners and public safety organizations through sponsorship of safety awareness programs and activities.
- Implements and tracks new technology to reduce crime rates. Example: Mobile cameras.
- Advocates for security needs and funding with city, county, state and national law enforcement and criminal prosecution agencies.
- Conducts street lighting surveys to ensure that the City of Houston and utility companies are apprised immediately of outages in public areas.
- Contracts for graffiti removal services throughout the District. Since this program was implemented, over 2,000 graffiti incursions have been abated.
- Partners with the City of Houston to remove abandoned structures and vehicles.
- Harris County Attorney Nuisance Abatement program to ensure responsible stewardship of commercial properties.
- Houston Police Overtime Program to address crime trends in specific areas of the district.
- Litter Abatement Initiative which removes trash from district corridors 3 days per week.
Safety programs and initiatives are coordinated by the District’s Public Safety Committee which meets monthly.
S. E. A. L. Security 24 hour number
Remember, if you have an emergency, call 911 first!
Every commercial property owner submitting a Trespass Affidavit must submit:
- The Trespass Affidavit Data Sheet
- Affidavit for Residential/Apartment Complex or Affidavit for Business or Commercial Property
- Notarize both documents
Houston Police Department
Westside Crime Analysis Unit
3203 S. Dairy Ashford
Houston, Texas 77082
The initiative has also been cost effective for the District. Initially, International District provided a total of $10,000.00 to fund two Boy Scout initiatives at the Mint and Catalina Apartments. The other $5,000 was then leveraged through the City of Houston Weed and Seed program for Arrowwood Apartments. So can scouting really reduce crime or prevent criminal activity? You bet! At the Mint Apartments, where scouting has been in place the longest, the crime rate has dropped by 22%! (Statistics provided by Houston Police Department). Scouting teaches children how to be part of a team, develop leadership skills, and that anything worth having is worth working for!
Credit for this success at the Mint does not belong only to scouting. Responsible property management has been the driving factor behind all of this success through an onsite community center operated by Texans Together who are also key partners of the District and the community at large.
The Board of Directors and Staff of International District want to encourage all who read this page to give of their time, talent or treasure to Boy Scouts of America through Tatanka District which serves the children within the boundaries of International District and Alief Independent School District. Contact International District Director of Services, Brian Burks at 281 564-5252 or e mail at firstname.lastname@example.org to find out how you can help.
The “All Hazards Approach” has a goal of keeping businesses in operation to provide uninterrupted service to the community. The unified plan will operate Points of Distribution (PODS), if necessary. We will be available as a resource to assist city, county and state government as needed. All activity