Capital Projects Development Strategy
The International Management District (IMD) is a thriving area situated 15 miles west of Houston’s Downtown. IMD includes many residential developments, shopping centers, educational institutions, and commercial properties.
IMD commissioned a Capital Project Development Strategy to prioritize a list of transportation improvement projects for which IMD could systematically pursue funding over the coming years to enhance transportation infrastructure in the District.
Six evaluation criteria were used to evaluate each of the projects: Safety, Mobility, Access, Economic Development, Environmental Justice/Equity, and Complete Communities. Indicators under each of these categories were assigned a score for each of the 12 projects evaluated. After the completion of the technical analysis, consultation with the City of Houston, Harris County, District staff and Board of Directors, and public input, four projects were recommended for detailed project development.
The Grant Readiness Reports include the following components: project scope, estimated costs, purpose statements, identification of public needs, societal benefits, desktop environmental review, funding pursuit recommendations, and visuals. These packages will be the basis for any future discretionary funding opportunity.
- Grant Readiness Report 1: Bellaire Blvd Reconstruction Project
- Grant Readiness Report 2: Bissonnet Street Safe Routes to School Project
- Grant Readiness Report 3: Safe Streets for All and Intersection Safety Program
Safe Streets and Roads for All and Intersection Safety Program
- Grant Readiness Report
- Appendix 1 — Benefit/Cost Analysis
- Appendix 2 — Environmental Risk Assessment
- Appendix2A—Safe Streets and Roads for All ESA
- Appendix2A-1—Properties Eligible for Historic Designation
- Appendix2B—Intersection Safety Program ESA
- Appendix2B-1—Properties Eligible for Historic Designation
- Appendix 3 —Supporting Documentation