The International Management District provides important services to enhance the business environment and quality of life for its residents. These services enhance the values of all properties in the District. Thus, the District is an ally of real estate owners, developers and brokers engaged in managing, developing, marketing or leasing commercial properties. These services are provided in accordance with a broad public safety initiative.
- Partners with local law enforcement agencies to focus attention on the safety needs of the area.
- Provides private security with S.E.A.L Security Solutions to patrol 80 hours per week, in all commercial corridors
- Builds positive relationships between property owners and public safety organizations through sponsorship of safety awareness programs and activities.
- Implements and tracks new technology to reduce crime rates. Example: Mobile cameras.
- Advocates for security needs and funding with city, county, state and national law enforcement and criminal prosecution agencies.
- Conducts street lighting surveys to ensure that the City of Houston and utility companies are apprised immediately of outages in public areas.
- Contracts for graffiti removal services throughout the District. Since this program was implemented, over 2,000 graffiti incursions have been abated.
- Partners with the City of Houston to remove abandoned structures and vehicles.
Safety programs and initiatives are coordinated by the District’s Public Safety Committee which meets monthly.