|Today at Council
, Mayor Turner recapped some of the latest developments regarding the City’s response to the coronavirus pandemic:
- The City of Houston has partnered with Harris County to launch a dashboardto actively track new cases and provide demographic information.
- As of Tuesday, 4/7/20, there are 1,137 cases.
- Please call the Health Department’s COVID-19 call center at (832) 393-4220 to be screened and directed to one of the City’s testing sites. These testing sites are to supplement the testing you can receive through your healthcare provider.
- The City has launched a resource to help essential workers to find child care during this crisis.
- The Kinder Institute at Rice University has released a study that estimates over 4,500 lives have been saved by social distancing measures in Harris County.
- The City of Houston will have a Day of Prayer on Thursday, 4/9/20 at 12pm.
Here were the notable Agenda items passed:
- #16 – ORDINANCE approving and authorizing Hotel Occupancy Agreement between CS HPB, LLC, a Delaware limited liability company, and the City of Houston, Texas, for 400 room nights located at 1314 Texas Ave., Houston, Texas 77002, to be used as a COVID-19 quarantine site
- To address this health emergency and protect Houston residents, City desires to enter into an agreement to provide shelter for the City’s first responders in self or mandated quarantine or isolation at a downtown hotel located at 1314 Texas, Houston, Texas 77002.
- #17 – ORDINANCE approving and authorizing first amendment to the Lease Agreement between 290 NORTHWEST INC, as Landlord, and the City of Houston, Texas, as Tenant, for Hotel Space including 60 guest rooms and associated common space located at 11611 Northwest Freeway, Houston, Harris County, Texas, to be used as a COVID-19 quarantine site; correcting the monthly rental amount
Council Member Thomas dedicated her time at the pop-off session to our Chief of Staff, Cherrelle Duncan, whose father passed away yesterday. In these trying times, more so than ever, we are reminded of how important our families are. Please keep Cherrelle and her family in your thoughts and prayers.
CLICK BELOW TO VIEW CM THOMAS’S REMARKS
Leave A Comment