Alief Family YMCA Operation Backpack
“Back –to-School” Block Party
Saturday, August 16
10 am – 2 pm
YMCAs across the Greater Houston area are gearing up to provide school supplies for children in our community so they can start school with the tools to be successful. If you would like to help kids make the grade, follow the steps below:
- Purchase a new backpack for a child.
- Fill your backpack with school supplies and a note of encouragement. List of recommended school supplies ›
- Drop off the backpack to your local YMCA or participating sponsor between July 18 and August 10.
- Enjoy the feeling of making a difference in the life of a child!
The Alief Family Y Operation Backpack “Back-to-School” Block Party invites you to take advantage of educational seminars and services, music entertainment by DJ Dave, food, bounce house, and children’s fun activities.
The Alief YMCA has set a goal of 1,000 backpacks. The Alief YMCA is collecting backpacks and school supplies at the following locations:
- Alief Family YMCA
- 3 HEB’s – Westheimer, Kirkland, and Beechnut
- IBC Bank – Kirkwood & Beechnut
- Woodforest Bank – Highway 6
- First Choice Emergency Center – Highway 6
- Whole Foods – Westheimer
Contact Senior Program Director, Margot McIntosh for more details.
ALIEF FAMILY YMCA
7850 Howell-Sugarland Rd.
Houston, TX 77083
Learn more about YMCA Operation Backpack