This past weekend our community hosted Alief Proud, and I was so happy to see our community come out and enjoy watching our talented students take the stage. You can view the pictures here. Thanks to all of you who came out and enjoyed yourselves. Our Alief Proud celebration allowed our community to unite and celebrate what makes Alief a special place. I am already looking forward to next year’s celebration and coming together again as a community. Thanks to Mrs. Shancelor Terry and Mrs. Dee Jones for collaborating with community stakeholders and making Saturday special.
Last week, we celebrated our first responders and the sacrifices they make for our students, staff and community. We recognized one of our community’s most tenured first responders, Alief ISD Chief of Police Dan Turner. Chief Turner has been serving Alief ISD for 30 years and also served with HPD for over 20 years. We are grateful to have Chief Turner and the team keeping our schools and community safe.
Thanks to everyone who helped to highlight our focus on college readiness with their testimonies for Greek Week. The stories seemed to really resonate with our students and our community. They encouraged our students with their stories of overcoming adverse circumstances that they faced in their journey to and through college and I know that our students are the better for it.
Kerr Choir students auditioned and competed against students in Katy ISD and HISD in the first round of the TMEA 6A All-State Choir process on Saturday, September 30th. Twenty-two Kerr Choir students advanced to the next round; including 12 students in the top 15 chairs. The next round is Saturday, October 28th.
The Digital Learning Team began working on monthly highlights of our libraries and librarians in an effort to celebrate the importance and purpose of that area being a literacy resource and overall staple within our schools. Please take a moment to view the video that they created.
Share your Alief ISD good news here.
Dr. Anthony Mays
- Astros Spirit Days
- October 16-20: National School Bus Safety Week
- October 16: National Boss’s Day
- October 17: Board meeting
- October 18: Alief FFA Spirit Night
- October 21: Free Chromebooks and hotspots distribution
- October 23-November 3: Red Ribbon Drug Prevention Week
- October 26: National Lights On
- October 30: Alief ISD Education Foundation 19th Golf Tournament
- November 1: Alief Vape Out Day
- November 4: Breast Cancer Walk (Crump Stadium)
- November 4: Tree planting and wildflower seeding
- November 17-18: 20th Year Reunion for the Elsik HS Class of 2003