APPLY TO THE CITGO INNOVATION SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM!
CITGO Petroleum Corporation has established a scholarship program to assist students who plan to continue their education in college.
The application opens on August 15, 2018 and will close at noon on Friday, September 28.
Up to twenty (20) $2,000 scholarship awards for undergraduate study will be granted. Awards may be renewed for up to three additional years or until a bachelor’s degree is earned, whichever occurs first. Renewal is contingent upon satisfactory academic performance in a full-time course of study, in an eligible field of study, enrollment at an eligible school and continuation of the program by CITGO Petroleum Corporation.
For complete guidelines and application, please visit https://www.scholarsapply.org/citgo/
This program is administered by Scholarship America®, the nation’s largest designer and manager of scholarship, tuition assistance and other education support programs for corporations, foundations, associations, and individuals. Awards are granted without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sexual orientation, age, gender, disability, or national origin.
Applicants to the CITGO Innovation Scholars Program must meet all of the following four criteria:
1) Be a graduate from a high school in one of the following districts:
- Alief ISD (Texas)
- Calcasieu Parish School Board (Louisiana)
- Corpus Christi ISD (Texas)
- Houston ISD (Texas)
- Lemont High School District 210 (Illinois)
- Lockport Township High School District 205 (Illinois)
- Romeoville High School (Illinois)
- Spring Branch ISD (Texas)
2) Be current postsecondary undergraduates, enrolled in full-time study at one of the following 2-year or 4-year colleges or universities for the entire 2018-19 academic year.
- Baylor University (Waco, TX)
- Del Mar College (Corpus Christi, TX)
- Houston Community College (Greater Katy, Houston, Missouri City, Stafford campuses in Texas)
- Joliet Junior College (Joliet, IL)
- Lamar University (Beaumont, TX)
- Louisiana State University (Baton Rouge, LA)
- Louisiana Tech University (Ruston, LA)
- McNeese State University (Lake Charles, LA)
- Prairie View A&M University (Prairie View, TX)
- Purdue University (West Lafayette, IN)
- SOWELA (Lake Charles, LA)
- Texas A&M University (College Station, Corpus Christi, Kingsville campuses in Texas)
- Texas Southern University (Houston, TX)
- University of Houston (Houston, TX)
- University of Houston Downtown (Houston, TX)
- University of Illinois (Chicago, Springfield, Urbana–Champaign campuses in Illinois)
- University of Louisiana – Lafayette (Lafayette, LA)
- University of New Mexico (Albuquerque, NM)
- University of Wisconsin (Madison, WI)
3) Be majoring in one of the following areas of study:
- Accounting and Finance
- Chemical, Electrical, or Mechanical Engineering
- Computer Science
- Management Information Systems (MIS)
- Process Technology
- Supply Chain Management
4) Considering a career in the energy industry.
Selection of Recipients
Scholarship recipients are selected on the basis of academic record, demonstrated leadership and participation in school and community activities, work experience, an essay, unusual personal or family circumstances, and an outside appraisal. Financial need is not considered. First-generation college students will be prioritized in the selection of recipients. Selection of recipients is made by Scholarship America. In no instance does any officer or employee of CITGO Petroleum Corporation play a part in the selection.
All applicants agree to accept the decision as final.