CELEBRATING THE ENTREPRENEURIAL SPIRIT
MEET THE ALUMNI:
SRINI NERALLA, SIA SOLUTIONS, LLC
WHAT GROWTH HAVE YOU EXPERIENCED SINCE GRADUATING?
We have grown four times larger in revenues during the year of graduation (2016) and have grown five time larger this year (2017). Our growth in 2017 is attributed to an acquisition. The Goldman Sachs 10,000 Small Businesses program provided the much-needed confidence and courage in me to become a better leader and being able to handle the acquisition and the consequent growth.
HOW HAS THAT GROWTH IMPACTED YOU AND YOUR BUSINESS?
The growth has been wonderful for the business and we have been able to assemble a highly qualified and experienced team of professionals that are absolutely critical in project delivery.
HOW WOULD YOU SUMMARIZE YOUR PROGRAM EXPERIENCE?
Outstanding program that helped me reinvent myself as a good leader capable of handling fast-paced growth challenges and create a successful, sustainable and profitable company resulting in creation of jobs and improving our local and national economy in our own “small” way.
WHAT ADVICE WOULD YOU GIVE TO OTHER SMALL BUSINESS OWNERS PREPARING FOR GROWTH?
- Create your “vison” first.
- Understand your clients’ needs and serve them well.
- Surround yourself with people you trust and build a network of resources to support and guide all aspects of your business.
- Hire great staff and take care of them. The rest takes care of itself (for the most part).
- Learn to delegate and work “on” your business and not “in” your business.
- Hard work is imperative for success. But don’t simply work hard – work hard at being productive… nothing comes easy… so be prepared.
Goldman Sachs 10,000 Small Businesses gives you the time and resources you need to take your business to the next level.
Applications for the Fall 2018 session at the HCC Alief Hayes Campus are being accepted until May 24, 2018. For more information, call us at (713) 718-8348 or visit us at www.hccs.edu/10ksmallbiz.
Leave A Comment