Alief ISD Points of Pride
- Alief FFA students advanced to the World Longhorn Show after competing in the World Qualifying Show. Christian Macedo (Elsik) won first in his class with his reserve champion bull. Cameran Emory (Elsik) placed second in his class with his heifer. Annalisa Romero (Hastings) placed third in her class with her steer.
- Albright Middle School and Olle Middle School’s Speech and Debate Teams won second and third place respectively at the Lamar Consolidated High School Speech Festival.
- Hastings High School student Aung Oo won third place in the annual Chinese Speech Contest hosted by the Global Federation of Chinese Business Women in Southern USA organization.
- Kerr High School’s Theatre Department has nine National Qualifiers. These thespians will be competing in Nebraska in June in seven different competitions.
- Albright Middle School Library Information Specialist Christina Stark and Boone Elementary Library Information Specialist Vilma Martinez were awarded a Fund for Teachers fellowship grant of $10,000. They will travel to London and Scotland this summer to engage in learning opportunities. They were selected from thousands of applications from across the country.
- Alief Early College High School received the AVID Schoolwide Site of Distinction (SWSD) status for the second year in a row. The SWSD status signifies the highest level of AVID implementation fidelity, demonstrating excellence in instructional practice and the promotion of college readiness school wide. This elite group of candidate schools represents less than 10 percent of all AVID middle and high schools worldwide. This year’s class of 104 distinguished sites is comprised of 67 middle schools, 35 high schools and two middle/high combination schools.
Share This Story, Choose Your Platform!