The City of Houston Solid Waste Management Department has started the final collection pass for the Tax Day Storm 2016. The last day for collection will be Saturday, June 11, 2106 for ALL residents.
Items should be segregated into six (6) piles away from fire hydrants, mailboxes, power lines and other objects that will hamper safe pickup.
Debris separation piles:
- Normal Household Trash – Normal household trash and bagged debris of any kind will not be picked up with debris as part of this program. You should continue to follow your normal garbage schedule.
- Vegetative Debris – leaves (do not put in bags), logs, plants, tree branches.
- Construction & Demolition Debris – building materials, carpet, drywall, furniture, lumber, mattresses and plumbing.
- Appliances & White Goods – air conditioners, dishwashers, freezers, refrigerators, stoves, washers, dryers and water heaters.
- Electronics – computers, radios, stereos, televisions, other devices with a cord.
- Household Hazardous Waste – cleaning supplies, batteries, lawn chemical, oils, oil-based paints, stains and pesticides
For more information about the City of Houston Solid Waste Management Department and its services, residents may check online at www.houstonsolidwaste.org, like us on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/houstonsolidwaste, follow us on twitter @houstontrash or call 3-1-1, the City of Houston’s Customer Service Helpline.
The Solid Waste Management Department provides solid waste service to the citizens of Houston through the collection, disposal and recycling of discarded material in a manner that is safe, efficient, environmentally sound and cost-effective.
Questions or concerns contact:
Irma Reyes, Public Information Officer
(832) 393-0475 office