CCC offers free Job Training programs for applicants who meet all eligibility criteria. Eligibility is determined on individual basis.
Health Information Specialist Job Training
CCC is looking for motivated and hardworking individuals wanting to find a career in medical billing and coding. The program will prepare you to seek jobs in the healthcare industry and have the skills and knowledge required of all clerical health care professionals. In partnership with Houston Community College, the free 4-month program provides 256 course contact hours in:
- HITT 1005- Medical Terminology (64 Hours)
- POFM 1009- Medical Office Procedures (64 Hours)
- HITT 1013- Medical Coding (64 Hours)
- POFM 1027- Medical Billing (64 Hours)
The class provides afternoon tutoring and ESL support. After completing the training program, there will be a national certification exam.
Upcoming 2012 Sessions (Monday thru Thursday 9am-1pm)
- April to July
- August to December
- 18 years of age or older
- Have Basic Computer Skills
- Have a High School Diploma or GED
- Take the Texas Adult Basic Education Exam
- Pass an interview
To learn more, contact Ka Man at 713-271-6100 x205.
CCC has many free subject-based 6-week skill-building programs to enroll in such as:
- Bookkeeping (Thursdays 10am-12pm)
- Computer L1 (Beginner) (Wednesdays 1:30pm-3:30pm)
- Computer L2 (Intermediate) (Tuesdays 9:30am-11:30am)
- Conversational English L1 (Mondays and Wednesdays 10am-12pm)
- Conversational English L2 (Thursdays 1-3pm)
- Quickbooks (Tuesdays 1:30-3:30pm)
Please contact Jin Qian at 713-271-6100 x128 to check availability and requirements.
Upon completing any job training program, graduates are invited to return to CCC the last Friday of every month from 10am-12pm to practice their soft skills and job readiness. It is also a good support group to sharing job searching strategy, practice interviewing skills, and stay connected with past friends from class.
- Must be US citizen or Permanent Resident
- Must speak fluent English. For any applicant, having a GED is preferred. All applicants must test at an 8th grade or above level in Reading, Math, and Language.
- CANNOT have participated in a WorkSource-funded training program recently.
- Must meet low income guidelines as set by LLSIL
For applicants that do not meet our eligibility requirements, we also offer a fee payment program.